Drowning is the number one cause of accidental death for children 1-4 years old. Multiple layers of protection are the solution. The more layers of protection in place, the safer the pool and the closer you are to a fail-safe system.
How Many Layers of Protection Do You Have in Place?
- High locks on all doors and windows that lead to the pool
- Alarms on all the doors and windows that lead to the pool
- No doggy door/sealed doggy door leading to the pool
- Pool safety fence with a self-closing, self-latching gate between the home and pool that isolates the pool
- Automatic pool safety cover
- Pool net
- Perimeter fence around the entire backyard
- Children under 5 wear personal immersion alarms, e.g. Safety Turtle
- Alarm in the pool that detects entry
- All children in the house over 12 months old have completed/are enrolled in swim survival training
- All adults in the house know how to swim
- All adults